BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, June 1, 2009

Have I Encountered Racism?

Last month I went to Dollar General on W. Broad here in Richmond in a shopping center. My son, my son's mom, and I walked in Dollar General and at the time no one was in the store but us. Suddenly, as I'm walking down an aisle I notice to white ladies standing at the far end of the aisle. Thought nothing of it and just thought they were tired or something. Then, I got to another aisle and one of the same ladies standing from the far end aisle I was just in was in the same aisle I moved to. So now I'm thinking, ok is she following me? Then I notice she showed up in every aisle I'm in. Ok so now I'm pissed because during the time of her following other people came in. However, every other person that came in was white and another black woman came in but this lady was still following us. I couldn't figure out why because I wasn't dressed hood or nothing nor was my family. My son's mom didn't notice the whole thing until she went back in to exchange my son's flip-flops because the lady followed her to the flip-flops and back to the exit. So, have I encountered Racism or did my family just look that suspect?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said i was going to stop commenting on this thing but yea i lied. I have been working in reatail for about 3 years and i would hate to say it but i see more black shoplifters than white and in other places more white shoplifters than black it just depends on what kind of store and the location and of course what is being sold. So no you didnt encounter racism you were being profiled and stereo typed trust me its nothing major if your not doing anything if you feel like you are being profiled again talk to the person that is following you and ask a whole lot of questions about different prouducts, its nothing more annoying than a customer with alot of questions that will make them either do one of two things stand there and answer your questions or answer you questions and then leave you the hell alone because you are being a needy customer.